As a dedicated Mental Health Therapist at YSS, you provide expert care to individuals, families, and groups seeking guidance and healing.
Your approach is marked by empathy and professionalism, as you assess individual needs and craft tailored treatment plans. Through skillful therapy sessions, you create a safe space for productive discussions and growth.
Beyond therapy, you advocate for supplementary resources and offer stability during crises. Your commitment extends to being on-call during off-hours, showcasing your dedication to continuous care. Upholding licensure standards reflects your professionalism, ensuring high-quality service delivery. Your dedication to ethical practice and ongoing learning enhances your ability to provide effective and well-informed interventions.
Your caring presence makes a world of difference in the lives you touch.Your impact is remarkable. Keep lighting the path toward better mental health for all those you touch.
Join us in creating a a world where mental health is a priority, and individuals receive the comprehensive support they need to navigate life's challenges. In return, we offer:
- A team of bright, collaborative, dependable colleagues
- An exciting, welcoming workplace
- A clear, mission-driven purpose to create hope and opportunity by putting kids first
- Opportunities for development
- Programs focused on your personal wellness
- Discounts on pet insurance for your furry family
Additionally, full-time benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Supplemental accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Accrued paid time off, plus paid time off for holidays, your birthday, and volunteering
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee recognition program
- Retirement offerings
Do you have what we need?
We are creating a world where youth are valued and empowered to stand strong. To do this, we ask our staff to embrace YSS core values - Commitment, Collaboration, Compassion, Innovation, Integrity, and a “Can Do” Spirit. Additionally, we ask our Mental Health Therapists to have the following qualifications:
Required Education, Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, marriage, and family therapy, or psychology.
- A license (LISW, LMFT, LMHC, LMSW) to practice in the State of Iowa, or a temporary license with the intent to seek independent licensure.
- One (1) year of experience in individual, group, and family therapy, and formal training in the field of behavioral health.
- Ability to travel to schools and clinics within 25 miles of any YSS office location.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General