Medical Social Worker/Behavioral Health Therapist (LISW)
Provide professional medical social worker services as an LISW which are customarily performed in similar hospital and clinic settings. The behavioral health specialist, as part of the primary care treatment team, identifies, triages and manages patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the primary care setting. In addition, the behavioral health specialist provides skill training through psycho-education and patient education strategies and develops specific behavioral change plans for patients and behavioral health protocols for target populations
Will work closely with clinic staff, physicians, nurses, clerical staff, hospital staff, administration, and other healthcare providers.
Compensation based on experience.
- Must have a Master’s degree in social work or related program or Ph.D. in psychology
- Current state licensure as a licensed independent clinical social worker, licensed clinical professional counselor or licensed psychologist.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- High level of comfort in working with primary care medical providers using a consultative style.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts, including via telephone and teleconferencing.
- Good knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected mental and behavioral conditions.
- Ability to design effective psycho-education curricula and lead effective psycho-education classes.
- Ability to train and teach effective behavioral health interventions and the primary behavioral health model to medical practitioners and other behavioral health providers.
- Ability to work effectively as a team, interacting with patients, primary care providers, consulting psychiatrist and mental health specialists, as well as with administrative and support staff.
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent and equitable manner.
- Ability to effectively represent company’s interests in the community and maintain effective working relationships among co-workers and public, private and professional groups.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Apply online at www.vandiestmc.org under “Careers” link at bottom of page.
Questions? Please contact Human Resources at (515) 832-7711.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General