Human Resources Generalist
DEFINITION OF POSITION:
In consultation with the Director of Human Resources and Payroll/Benefits Coordinator; plans and coordinates all clerical and onboarding activities for the Human Resources department. Performs duties related to data entry and recordkeeping, hiring and exits, and education. Plays a large role in the recruitment, onboarding and orientation processes, and serves as a resource for employees regarding HR policies and benefits. This position requires a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
Will work days, M-F, 36 hrs/wk (72 hours per two week pay period). Schedule is flexible and will consider all options.
Excellent benefits including PTO, health, dental, vision, FSA and IPERS (Iowa Public Employees Retirement System).
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: The Human Resources Generalist works closely with Administration, Department Managers, Employee Health, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, and all staff.
- Administer all personnel actions regarding staff new hires, changes of position and exits into the Kronos HR system.
- Prepare and maintain all records to promote accurate and rapid retrieval of statistics for internal and external reporting.
- Maintains knowledge of payroll processing, serves as backup support to the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator during bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Monitors and records performance review data.
- Coordinates assignment of secure ID badges to all staff, physicians, board members, students, volunteers, contractors and guests.
- Conducts all background screenings including criminal history checks and motor vehicle checks.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining I-9 verification.
- Verification of all temporary and contract staff requirements per CAH guidelines.
- Present curriculum to new employees on policies and procedures each month during the Hospital’s new hire orientation sessions.
- Assists Volunteer Coordinator with onboarding processes, including background checks, Volunteer attire, and guidance.
- Assigns learning modules and maintains records in CareLearning database.
- Maintain data of all professional licenses, certifications and registrations of Hospital staff, including Mandatory Reporter training.
- Compile records to document license, certification and registrations are current as required by the job description for each position.
- Track all staff continuing education and tuition reimbursements.
- Maintain and post job openings on the company website.
- Serves as an additional resource for employees regarding benefits, maintain an understanding of benefit plans and help with staff questions.
- Abides by Van Diest Medical Center’s Standards of Behavior and core values (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Service) and complies with all hospital policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee and hospital matters.
- Post and maintain information on the VDMC Human Resources intranet page.
- Perform other job related duties and projects as assigned and appropriate to the position and department.
* An Associate’s Degree in a business related field or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience is preferred.
* Experience utilizing Kronos Workforce Ready is a plus.
* Three to five years human resources experience is preferred.
* Microsoft Office computer experience required (Outlook, Word, Excel).
* Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service is required.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative