Job Title: FLOATER POSITION
Department: Briggs Woods Conference Center
Location: Briggs Woods Conference Center
Status: Permanent Part Time - 30 hrs per week
Benefits: IPERS, health, dental, vision and life insurance available
Position Start Date: May 1, 2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promotes a vibrant, unparalleled event experience for the customer.
2. Assists with Office and clerical duties.
3. Assists with set up/tear down.
4. Assists with culinary serving
5. Assists with culinary duties
6. Is available to work an irregular schedule as required ensuring proper coordination of events and activities
scheduled in the facilities.
7. Implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to facility operations
8. Responsible for assisting with receipts, expenses, funding, records and similar aspects for the facility.
9. Assures the facility property is maintained in excellent condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Ability to learn technological applications such as audio/visual and computer technology
2. Ability to prioritize, organize and execute
3. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
4. Proven ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner with the public attending events.
5. Ability to assist in a variety of events.
6. Strong attention to detail and passion for customer service.
7. Ability to work in a face paced environment
8. Possess the ability to learn and perform all duties of Conference Center Staff
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with lessees, user
groups, their representatives and the general public.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess current, valid driver’s license and a current working personal telephone with a number that can be accessed
by staff for business contact purposes. May be required to pass Servsafe certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to
moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate, but there will be cases where the noise level is loud to extremely loud.
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Customer Service